The key functions of the Phi Kappa Tau Foundation are rooted in the idea that the Foundation must provide vehicles for alumni to fulfill their lifelong commitment to Phi Kappa Tau. To ensure the philanthropic support needed to sustain Phi Kappa Tau, the Foundation focuses on five key functions:
- Encourage brothers, parents and friends to engage or re-engage in the life of Phi Kappa Tau.
- Solicit philanthropic support from stakeholders through cash, stock, endowment and estate gifts to sustain Phi Kappa Tau at a high level.
- Steward donors and supporters by providing gratitude and demonstrating donors’ impact on the lives of young brothers.
- Grant funds to support the Fraternity’s Men of Character Programs, academic scholarships, SeriousFun Children’s Network, Chapter Educational Grants and other resources.
- Manage investment portfolios, capital and annual campaigns, policies, volunteers and staff to ensure good governance.
The Phi Kappa Tau Foundation is exempt from federal income tax under section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code. Contributions to the Foundation are deductible under section 170 of the code. The Foundation acknowledges that donors will not receive goods or services in exchange for donations. All contributions are tax deductible to the extent provided by law.