Introduction to House Manager
In addition to your job description outlined in your chapters Bylaws, the following are expectations of a House Manager.
The job description and expectations for a house manager resemble the chapter’s expectations to the Housing Corporation.
Job Description and Major Responsibilities
- Pay rent to the housing corporation on time
- Assist in collection of rent and parlor fees
- Assist in securing a room contract and security deposit from each occupant
- Respect the chapter house and furnishings
- Perform maintenance agreed to with house corporation
- Respect, develop and maintain good relations with the neighbors, university and community officials
- Alert the chapter advisor, Board of Governors, House Corporation to any problems or acts of misconduct
- Require all proposed alterations, modifications and improvements to the fraternity property to be approved by the house corporation prior to any work being started
- Operate the chapter house in accordance with all local, state, and federal laws, university regulations, and the guidelines set forth by the Fraternity Risk Management Trust (FRMT)
- Submit to chapter advisor, Board of Governors, House Corporation all suggestions, complaints, or general comments concerning the fraternity property or its affairs
- Correct all damages to the house or property and make certain that those responsible reimburse the chapter
- Maintain a clean house, check for hazards, and adequately secure the property before all school and summer breaks