The Volunteer Development Institute’s (VDI) core focus is on training the Fraternity’s most important asset – the advisors. This interactive and discussion based program focuses on topics ranging from the current campus climate to understanding the national organization’s various policies and procedures to being able to develop facilitation and coaching skills to gaining valuable insight from high-ranking Fraternity volunteer & staff leadership. Participants frequently leave the program well-equipped to manage their position and feel better prepared to help lead the chapter through positive change.
Who is attending?
Members of a local Board of Governors (BOG)
Why should you attend?
To invest in yourself as an advisor for the betterment of the chapter/colony you advise.
Specifically, participants will…
- obtain a clear understanding of the role and responsibilities of volunteers within the structure of the Fraternity.
- increase their awareness and understanding of the multiple resources provided by the Fraternity to resolve chapter related issues.
- be able to explain the portfolio of educational programming options, how they add value and the funding model provided by the Fraternity.
- learn effective methods of advising today’s collegiate men.
- learn and improve upon their facilitation skills.
- have a working knowledge of the Fraternity Risk Management Policy and learn effective communication when executing a values-based approach to crisis management.
Sheraton DFW Airport Hotel
Registration is now open and closes Monday, December 18th at noon EST.
The opening session will begin Friday, January 5th at 4:30 PM CST and end Sunday, January 7th at 11:30 PM CST.
The chapter has pre-paid your registration fees*, lodging and meals during the program. In addition, advisors are eligible for up to a $300 travel reimbursement credit after attending the program. Direct cost is minimal for the participant. If you have not completed the online volunteer certification course you will be charged a $50 registration fee. The course can be completed any time prior to the program beginning.
Questions about the logistics or registering for this program can be addressed by your chapter’s success manager.
Questions about the program’s curriculum can be addressed to the Associate Director of Education & Wellness, Jess Schauble, at email@example.com or by calling (800) PKT-1906.